Schiefer ChopShop is a digital agency that specialize in creating innovative and impactful cross-platform digital products and campaigns that drive measurable impact. We build our stories and tech to blur the lines between the physical and digital, becoming a part of the customers culture. We are a fast-paced, high-energy environment with lots of opportunity to get involved, take ownership and grow. We are currently looking for a high capacity digital designer to join our team.
The position is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, UI design for web/mobile app, style guides, campaign related graphics, product graphics, visual identity, email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads. You should understands and excel at designing for CMS systems for Shopify, Drupal and WordPress.
- Produce the design and production for digital experiences, including ecommerce websites, brand websites, mobile applications, AR experiences, email campaigns, email templates. While some projects may require getting direction from external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
- Act as the interactive design expert, reporting on best practices, innovative designs, etc.
- Work with internal and external team to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision
- Expected to continuously learn and evolve in designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, typography, design, navigation and production software.
- Deliver presentation and prototype material to team on time
- Work with the creative team to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Research projects that are similar or would be competitive
- Work alongside creative/art directors to produce presentation material for pitches.
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- At times required to scope design work and provide time estimates
- Thorough understanding of the project and requirements
- Present and discuss design decisions to peers and stakeholders.
- Understanding of ADA compliance requirements
- Work with team in the development of user flows, sitemap and wireframes
- Work with team in the development of a web reference/style guides/mood board
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share your insights with the studio
- Constantly learn and share your knowledge with colleagues
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications
- Diploma in Graphic Design or other related field (as well as a portfolio) is required
- 5+ year’s experience designing rich interactive experiences for web/mobile
- Strong portfolio that represents a range in web/visual design style, design system as well as a clear personal aesthetic
- Demonstrate ability to develop creative concepts and visual design to meet client objectives
- Proficient in Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient understanding of responsive design, HTML, CSS
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Enthusiastic, positive energy, ability to maintain a sense of humor under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and takes pride in work
- Great communication skills, strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment, managing multiple tasks with varying priorities.
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Drug Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- RRSP Matching
- Team Culture
- Fortune 500 clients
- Award winning work!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org